Download our Snack Shack Menu 2020
Snack Shack who is provided by the ASHS Canteen will operate on a very limited basis for the remainder of Term 2.
THURSDAY will be the only day each week that APS families can place and receive a lunch order, and homemade meals (such as macaroni cheese etc) will be unavailable until further notice.
APS P & C apologises for the late notice, and the extent of the changes being made, and hope to provide further news shortly about resumption of canteen services for Term 3.
For further queries please contact Albany Primary School P & C on email: email@example.com
Our lunch service has commenced. It will operate three days per week thanks to Albany Senior High School Snack Shack!
Setting up your Quickcliq account
- Check the day – orders are only taken for Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Check the time – orders must be submitted by 9.00am on the day the lunch is required – no late orders can be accepted
- Open Quickcliq (Quickcliq website) – new users will need to select Sign Up (and follow instructions to register), existing users will need to select Log In
- Check your child’s classroom details are correct – existing users, your child’s room may be outdated
- Check you have credit to use – select Add Credit to add money to the Quickcliq account
- Order your items – Select Meal Order to start ordering
- Finalise your order – follow all prompts on Quickcliq. You will receive confirmation in Quickcliq AND you will be sent a confirmation email.
- IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTIES – please contact the Albany Primary School P&C on firstname.lastname@example.org or Albany Primary P&C Facebook page. The School Office is unable to assist with these orders.
Healthy Food Consumption
While we understand parents have the responsibility to provide meals for their children we do ask you to support us in our endeavours to have our students consume healthy foods during their time at school.
Our school has implemented two important policies that have been developed to increase the likelihood of healthy eating practices within the school. These are outlined briefly below:
Healthy Food Policy:
- Our canteen provides as many healthy foods as possible on the weekly menu and works within recommended Health Department Guidelines using the traffic lights system as guidelines.
- We ask parents to provide healthy eating alternatives in lunches and snacks during breaks in the day.
- Students are expected to refrain from purchasing food for each other and sharing snacks during recess and lunch time. We believe parents should know what their children are consuming during the day.
- Staff are required not to provide food of any kind as daily rewards for students.
- On special occasions (eg discos and end of year celebrations) staff and parents will enable students to have food available from the red zone in the traffic lights system. During these occasions there should always be healthy alternatives available.
- Parents are not to supply cakes for birthdays as there are students who must be very careful about what they eat and we do not want students excluded because of this.
- Students who are coming to school without breakfast or forget their lunch will be supported by the school to find something healthy to eat.
- Students must be seated whenever they are drinking from a container or eating.
Crunch and Sip Policy:
- Students are able to have a small food break during class time which must include only fresh fruit, fresh vegetables or dried fruits.
- Students may have a drink of water during instruction time to remain hydrated. No other drinks may be consumed in class time.